- eating Hawaiian pizza every chance I get (the Italians think it's gross but it has always been one of my favorites). I just ate it again for dinner tonight.
- ordering double doubles at Tim Hortons. This is very odd because I NEVER used to get them before, I usually order tea. Besides that, I also LOVE espresso.
- shoveling the snow with gumption....it's a whole different feeling when you tell yourself it might be the last time you shovel a driveway.
- doing Fireball shots. It has been recently recalled all over Europe. I also associate them with country songs, another things I've up-ed my consumption of.
- going out to the mall in sweatpants tucked into winter boots, because we know this is probably illegal in Italy and one can be fined and jailed for such an offense.
- getting every disgustingly sweet 'holiday' drink offering at Starbucks and Second Cup, they do not do eggnog flavored espresso I'm guessing.
- buying Proactiv- I haven't used it in years but I have this irrational thought in my head that I won't be able to get it in Europe and what if I need it again?!
- just enjoying Edmonton and paying attention to the view of downtown coming down the hill and the sunset over the river valley and that sharp pain in my lungs when I inhale the winter air and seeing what movies are playing at the Garneau theater and all the little things that you never pay attention to unless you know you won't be seeing them for awhile.
So even though it has not hit me yet, I think my subconscious can sense the impending move and it is making me do strange and fanatical things that are totally out of character. Here's a random list:
Jasmine is a former pharmacist turned freelance writer, foodie, and fashionista from Alberta, Canada living "the sweet life" in Bergamo, Italy.